Technical Support Engineer/System Engineer (Riga, Latvia)
Our client is Europe’s leading independent data center and cloud service provider. By offering flexible, affordable, and secure IT solutions and services, they help businesses and authorities reduce risks and costs while improving agility, productivity and efficiency. Organisation has more than 5,000 successfully completed projects worldwide, more than 3,500 clients and currently managing more than 100 petabytes of information in the cloud.
They strive to become the world’s most trusted partner in IT services, enabling our clients to innovate in business and grow. They build customer relationships, attract highly qualified professionals and world-class technology to provide flexible solutions and services that quickly generate long-term value.
Team: headquarters in Sweden and 15 people in Riga.
The office is located on Zemgala Avenue in Gustav Zemgala.
For our client, we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer/System Engineer to work in the Riga office with medium to large corporate clients who would also be a consultant and technical expert in client communication.
- Design presentation, implementation and support of IT infrastructure solutions.
- Customer support and consulting.
- Installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Basic knowledge of networks (TCP / IP) and Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Previous experience with OS configuration and network services (DNS, FTP, SSH, firewall / NAT).
- Work experience with virtualization platforms (preferably VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Work experience with NAS (CIFS / NFS) and SAN (Fiber Channel, iSCSI).
- Desire to constantly improve and work in different directions.
- IT education.
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Work experience with data storage systems.
- Work experience with backup systems, data archiving (Veeam, Commvault).
- Experience in installation and maintenance of IT equipment (servers, network devices, data storage systems).
- Expert knowledge in one or more areas of IT infrastructure (OS, data storage systems, virtualization, networks, security).
- Ergonomic workstation equipped with modern PCs.
- Training / courses.
- Parking lot.
- Medical insurance.
- Paid overtime.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Comfortable and comfortable working environment.
- Regular team building events.
- Monthly salary up to 2800 EUR before taxes.