IT Camp client is the fastest-growing online consumer lending company in Europe, with headquarters in Riga, Latvia. The company uses the latest technologies to ensure instant consumer identification and scoring.
There are working 116 people in Riga office, from which 54 people are IT department.
Office on Skanstes iela, Riga.
Technology stack: PostgreSQL, AWS cloud base Postgres RDS
Due to the growth of the company we are looking for a Database Administrator to join the team.
• Provide technical expertise and support in the use of DBMS.
• Evaluate and recommend available DBMS products to support validated user requirements.
• Define file organisation, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications.
• Create and maintain database objects such as tables, views, index, constraints for data platform and custom applications.
• Develop, implement, and maintain database backup and recovery procedures.
• Design and develop logical and physical database designs from application requirements.
• Perform routine maintenance on several database environments including application of updates, patches, and hot fixes
• Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues, I/O bottlenecks, SQL Tuning
• Database infrastructure is managed according to best practices and DevOps principles.
• Database infrastructure have clear development roadmap.
• Database infrastructure is being optimized with all possible performance and security recommendations.
• At least 5 years of experience in administering on-prem/cloud based multiuser environment with expertise in planning, designing, building, and implementing complex database systems.
• In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
• AWS cloud base Postgres RDS database administration experience
• Driven end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using native and 3rd party tools
• Experienced with optimizing database performance through exhaustive pro-active testing and ongoing real-time monitoring
• Experienced in scripting and database functions
• Monitored and maintained the backups for database recoverability for all production databases
• Must have experience working in the database domain with at least four (4) years of experience managing all operations of RDBMS PostgreSQL with a minimum of two (2) years
• Experience with DEVOPS is a plus
• Experience with Replication and Change Data Capture (CDC) techniques and tools
• Experience with database partitioning.
What company is offering
• Salary up to 3500 EUR neto (after taxes)
• Professionally creative and open environment for fulfilling your duties
• Competitive and motivating remuneration as well as other benefits
• An employer that will motivate, appreciate and care for you
• Health insurance after probation period
• Training opportunities and opportunity to attend seminars
• Free parking
• Every day snacks and soft drinks for your productive mood
• Gifts for birthdays and other important events
• Private gym