IT Camp partner – SWISSCOM – Switzerland’s leading telco company and one of leading Swiss IT companies. Over 19000 employees are working for Swisscom in Switzerland, Italy and Netherlands and it is one of Switzerland’s most sustainable and innovative companies, one of the top 3 Swiss employers for IT specialists – one league with worldwide giants like Google and Microsoft
Swisscom operations areas are: mobile telecommunications, fixed network, Internet and digital TV solutions for business and residential customers; development and maintenance of the wireless and wireline network infrastructure, distribution broadcasting signals and being active also in the banking, energy, entertainment, advertising and healthcare sectors.
Due to the growth of company, brand new DevOps centre is being established in Riga, Latvia, and we invite you to join and take part in breath-taking journey to the new great success story together with Swisscom. Become the one who stands at the origins of Swisscom DevOps Centre in Riga.
Structure of company: horizontal, Agile. The operational structure of DevOps centre is 100% Agile. Every engineer is responsible for the operations tasks of the system he or she is working on. Agile teams are fully empowered to make their own decisions, to take over ownership and to be responsible for their actions.
Environment: Innovative. Flexible. Transparent. Stable. Start-up environment of newly established site under management and investment of Swiss corporation. Newly equipped and outfitted office with Swisscom branding.
Size of Team in Riga: 40 developers/DevOps by the end of 2021
The product/Team: Omnichannel Delivery Team is developing digital frontend for B2C and B2B (agents and shops) customers of Swisscom products like Internet, TV Box, Mobile, Accessories and more. The Team creates real impacts on customers with the coolest GUI’s and perfect UI/UX.
Technology stack: Angular, TypeScript, Java/Spring, Restful API, TDD, CI/CD.
• To take care of the technical foundation that enables the development of business features;
• To be/become profound operator of CI/CD pipelines with all the fancy DevOps tools;
• To operate and the automate test and maintenance processes.
• Extensive focus and deep-dive experience in Frontend OR Backend development – we search for both;
• Hands-on experience and know-how of Angular (or React);
• Hands-on experience and know-how of Java/Spring (or related OOP frameworks), especially in Rest API development;
• Test-driven development (TDD) experience;
• Ability to manage source code changes in Git, and build source code with Apache Maven;
• Experience with CI/CD tooling;
• Results-driven collaborator and open communicator, happy to share knowledge and learn from others. Enthusiastic and flexible self-starter;
• Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and pronounced Agile mindset
• Very good English (both written and spoken);
• German is a plus;
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree (ETH/Uni/UAS) in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in software development or infrastructure is a plus.
• Salary till 4700 EUR gross (depending on experience);
• Flexible schedule and possibility to combine work from office and remote mode;
• Newest Technologies, employees are working with all kinds of different technologies including leading edge solutions;
• 24 working days of annual paid holiday per year, excluding public holiday;
• Cell Phone and Internet Allowance;
• Health Insurance;
• Continuous professional development (dedicated learning days, participation in conferences, cross-department experience sharing etc.);
• Yearly salary review.