IT Camp partner – SWISSCOM – Switzerland’s leading telco company and one of leading Swiss IT companies. Over 19000 employees are working for Swisscom in Switzerland, Italy and Netherlands and it is one of Switzerland’s most sustainable and innovative companies, one of the top 3 Swiss employers for IT specialists – one league with worldwide giants like Google and Microsoft.
Due to the growth of the company, a brand new DevOps centre has been established in Riga, Latvia last year, and we invite you to join it.
What you would need to know.
Structure of company: horizontal, Agile. Swisscom’s Agile teams are fully empowered to make their own decisions, to take over ownership and to be responsible for their actions.
Environment: Innovative. Flexible. Transparent. Stable. Start-up vibes, while corporate culture.
Size of Team in Riga: 40 developers (to be doubled this year).
The mass market gateway team (MMG) is responsible for 1.8 million internet boxes, 250k WLAN boxes and 450k HD phones. These devices have a big impact on NPS, stability and CUC calls. In addition, continuous stability and security improvements must be ensured with firmware updates in order to further reduce costs and increase Internet stability.
• Develop and implement test cases in the automation setups;
• Run automated test cycles and analyze the results. Investigate found issues;
• Write new test cases for manual and automated tests;
• Reproduce complex issues in the lab based on customer description and create clear bug reports;
• Establish and maintain test labor with CPEs and clients.
• Experience in programming with Python, Selenium, shell scripting;
• Hands-on experience in maintaining and developing a software infrastructure/architecture;
• Good knowledge of the TCP/IP stack and experience with related protocols;
• Additional experience in programming with Jenkins and Ansible;
• Experience in Data analysis;
• Know-how in the field of CPE engineering (WAN, LAN, IPTV, VOIP) is nice to have;
• Results-driven collaborator and open communicator, happy to share knowledge and learn from others. Enthusiastic and flexible self-starter;
• Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and pronounced Agile mindset;
• Very good English (both written and spoken);
• German is a plus;
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in software development or infrastructure is a plus.
• Salary till 4500 EUR gross (depending on experience);
• Flexible schedule and possibility to combine work from office and remote mode;
• Newest Technologies, employees are working with all kinds of different technologies including leading edge solutions;
• 24 working days of annual paid holiday per year, excluding public holiday;
• Cell Phone and Internet Allowance;
• Health Insurance;
• Continuous professional development (dedicated learning days, participation in conferences, cross-department experience sharing etc.);
• Annual salary review